The training in this Directorate and the Academy is guided by:
· The Citizen’s Charter: By the Income Tax department which envisages effective administration of the laws, excellent public delivery system, state of art technological capabilities and proficient human capital.
· National Training Policy, 2012: It has put in place the competency framework consisting of professional and soft skills at different levels, training objective and target, role of ministries and training institutions, trainers development, funding and infrastructure related policies which guides this directorate in its endeavour.
· Vision and Mission of the department: The Directorate and Academy is also guided by the vision of the Income Tax department and our mission and the values in which the department believes in these are given below:
To partner in the nation building process through progressive tax policy, efficient and effective administration and improved voluntary compliance.
· To formulate progressive tax policies
· To make compliance easy
· To enforce tax laws with fairness
· To deliver quality services
· To continuously upgrade skills and build a professional and motivated workforce
Our values will steer us through the journey towards realizing our vision and will be reflected in all our decisions making processes.
· Integrity ‘We discharge our duties truthfully, honestly and transparently’
· Accountability ‘We are responsible for our actions and outcomes’
· Responsiveness ‘We are sensitive, prompt, fair and objective in our dealings with our stakeholders, fostering mutual trust’
· Professionalism ‘We strive for improving performance and competence with a focus on achieving excellence’
· Innovation ‘We encourage new ideas, methods, processes and practices’
· Collaboration ‘We work together with stakeholders and partners to achieve common goals.