Life at the Academy
While pursuit of excellence in professional skills defines NADT, we firmly believe that the effort is incomplete until training also consists of 360-degree improvement. Sports, cultural events and literary pursuits lend vitality to officers and make them the leaders they are meant to be. A systematic matrix of clubs and societies operate to realize this goal. These include:
· Computer society
· Film society
· Extramural Club
· Fine Arts Club
· Cultural Club
· Wildlife and Nature Club
· Adventure club
· Literary club
· Reading club
· Dramatics and theatre
· Coffee club
· Photography club
· Social Welfare society
A day in the life of an officer trainee:
· A typical day in the life of an Officer Trainee at NADT commences at 6 AM with sessions in yoga, physical training or self-defense.
· Classes commence at 9.30 AM and continue till 4.30 PM.
· The better part of the evening is spent at the sports complex or the gym.
· Officer trainees also use the evenings for extramural lectures/discussions on topics other than taxation,preparation for upcoming cultural events or screen movies at the amphitheatre.
· Post–dinner is study time, when officer trainees review the classes of the day and gear themselves for the sessions of the next day.
Weekends and holidays are spent in club activities, community work and for excursions to explore the wilderness in the vicinity- tiger reserves such as Tadoba, Nagzira and Pench.